Amended Policy to Infectious Disease 9/21/2020
Adams Publishing Group strives to provide a safe and healthy workplace for all Associates. This exposure policy to infectious diseases including the pandemic COVID-19 outlines our overall response to an outbreak. It outlines specific steps Adams Publishing Group takes to safeguard Associates’ health and well-being during an infectious disease outbreak while ensuring Adams Publishing Group’s ability to maintain essential operations and continue providing essential services to our customers.
Infection Control Measures
Adams Publishing Group takes a number of steps to minimize to the extent practicable exposure to and spread of infection in the workplace. These steps include;
- Frequent handwashing and use of sanitizer (at least 60% alcohol)
- Covering coughs and sneezes
- Wearing a face covering at all times while at work
- Practice social distancing – keep at least 6 feet apart
- Breakrooms limited to one Associate at a time
- Bathrooms occupied by one Associate at a time
- Unnecessary business travel for APG has been eliminated until further notice
APG Covid-19 Associate possible exposure to COVID-19
It is the Associates’ responsibility to practice COVID-19 safety measures while not on company time. As appropriate, Adams Publishing Group recommends that Associates follow the CDC and OSHA guidelines to protect themselves outside of the workplace.
- For purposes of management, APG will deem an Associate to have been exposed if:
- He/she domiciles with a person/s who has tested positive for COVID-19
- He/she was not wearing a face covering AND within six feet of a person/s who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- If an associate has been exposed (as defined above) to a person/s who has tested positive for COVID-19, he/she may not enter an APG facility for any reason whatsoever and immediately notify their supervisor. Prior to returning to work, he/she must:
- a) Self-quarantine for 14 days from the date of notification to the supervisor.
- b) Test negative for COVID-19 at the end of the quarantine period.
- c) Certify to items a and b above.
- Associates may use PTO or take unpaid leave for their quarantine.
APG Covid-19 Associates who test positive for COVID-19
- If an Associate tests positive for COVID-19, Adams Publishing will need medical proof of the test results (this should come into the Vice President of Human Resources for APG and designated privacy officer – Jo Ann Hopson at email@example.com or call her mobile at 423-620-8771 – test results should include name and the date of testing, along with the providers information and whether or not the affected Associate is able to perform Telework if available and allowed by APG to be performed.
- The Company deems Associates who are essential and irreplaceable to the workforce and will decide whether Telework will be available for those Associates who test positive. Telework will be available for two weeks maximum. The Associate must be available at all scheduled work hours by cell or Zoom. The Company may revoke Telework at its sole discretion at which point PTO or unpaid leave would need to be used if more time away from the building is required.
- A negative Covid-19 test is required before re-entry to the workforce.
Family Medical Leave
If applicable, Adams Publishing Group places on family and medical leave any Associates who fall ill with an infectious disease or must be absent from work to care for an infected family member. Adams Publishing Group requires such employees to notify APG as soon as possible of need for family and medical leave. Adams Publishing Group allows Associates to use accrued paid PTO if they have it for Family Medical Leave. Adams Publishing Group requires Associates to take unpaid Family and Medical Leave once all accrued paid leave is used.
Download the PDF here